Monday, April 25, 2011

Kingsroad

I am reading along with as the television show errors, or at least that was the plan, but then I just kept on reading, and don't really plan on stopping soon. I swear, being obsessed with these books is contageous. Last month I was rolling my eyes at Clair's enthusiasm and now I'm just as bad, and Emma is going to stab someone, only her mother taught her too nice manners.
So I am loving the books, and enjoying this show. My biggest complaint so far is how all of the younger characters are portrayed by significantly older actors. I understand the reasoning, but it's still distrurbing. Jon and Robb especially could be younger, (and also not look so much alike). I watched the premire at Clair's last week, and her younger brother was around. He's fourteen, the age the book says for Jon and Robb, and it seems really young. The show says they're seventeen, which is how old Clair is, and it still seems silly, because I look at those young men, and think, huh, they're a fair bit older than me.
But enough general thoughts.

{SPOILERS}
The scene where Jon and Arya say goodbye and he gives her Needle was my favorite part of the episode. It had a lot of emotion, where a lot of the episode was exposition or checking off plot elements.
Daenrys's story is...interesting. I do not know how I feel about the gratouatous lesbians. I am actually greatful, because it could have been a lot worse.
God, Joffery is so annoying. I know we're meant to feel this way, but it's really frustrating.
I missed Bran's dream, but maybe it'll be in the next episode, and they just wanted to end the episode with him waking up.

No comments: